Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Where The Tide Took Me

Blurb:

In this candid and emotionally compelling memoir, Paige Willoughby charts her journey from shy and fearful child to authentic and resilient woman.
She shares her painful experiences with binge-drinking and the collapse of a marriage, as well as living with diagnoses of anxiety, depression and trauma. Through it all, words and music allow her to overcome her fears and chart a course through the darkness to her true vocation.
A book that will resonate with anyone who has been buffeted by life’s challenges, Paige’s story exemplifies the power of uncovering and shaping one’s own narrative.

Thoughts:

I usually refrain from reading others’ reviews of books lest they influence my opinion. This is an instance where I rue the fact that I do so!
I chose this book because the blurb presents it as ‘candid and emotionally compelling’, ‘a book that will resonate with anyone who has been buffeted by life’s challenges’, and ‘exemplifies the power of uncovering and shaping one’s own narrative’.
I am sorry to say I did not feel any of these. As the saying goes, ‘If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all’. That sums up my review.

Note: I received an advance review copy for free from BookSirens, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment